Logic and Proportion

Saturday, September 09, 2006

First Post

Well, I've resisted getting a blog as long as I could. But the long Iowa summer days are winding down to autumn, and I've nothing but time and benadryl to help me through the harvest season.

I suppose it would be good form to introduce myself to my putative legions of readers, so here goes (Facts listed in no particular order):

I'm a former US Marine, at exile here in the heartland. I've been stationed in Japan, and studied in Germany. I recently graduated from the University of Iowa with a BA in Geoscience, to the great relief of my parents. (Now, they tell me, if only you could find a job!)

My interests are broad; science, history, psychology and philosophy top the list. I'll read almost anything, other than a supermarket tabloid.

As the title of my blog should indicate, I have an analytical personality and am interested in advancing realistic and rational solutions to the many problems which plague humanity; but I've chosen a URL which indicates my awareness of the impossibility of perfection, and the existence of irreconcilable dilemmas.

In short, I'm a moderate optimist who believes in eternal struggles. Hope that's not too cryptic.

When Logic and Proportion have fallen softly dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards,
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"

-Jefferson Airplane, White Rabbit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home