Logic and Proportion

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Text of the e-mail I sent to Senator Grassley

Dear Senator Grassley,

I have noted your support of the recent senate bill allowing the President expanded authority in the interrogations and detention of alleged enemy combatants.

This bill is an abomination, and utterly antithetical to the right of all persons accused of crimes the right to due process. As this is one of the foundational values of The United States of America, and an erstwhile pillar of our worldwide moral authority, I can no longer, in good conscience, support you in any of your campaigns for any public office, and will transfer my active support to your opponents.


Well, I messed up a little on the first sentence of the second paragraph. I was, and am still, hot under the collar. I have read commentators who support this travesty of a law ad nauseam, and still have no idea what could induce anyone to believe that this is a reasonable or moral act.

For a great perspective on the debate, go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home